Aquasana Claryum® AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter in White
**Introducing the very latest 2012 model Aquasana 4000. This new upgraded model comes in a variety of new colours including White, Black and Premium Brushed Chrome and features the very latest AQ-4035 filter cartridges. Please note; our products are the very latest 2012 Aquasana filters featuring claryum filtration technology, please be aware of out of date products for sale on other websites.
After devoting 18 months to redesigning and reformulating the company's filter cartridges, Aquasana has created its most powerful and best-performing filtration systems to-date. Unique in both design and functionality, the new Aquasana Claryumâ„¢ Filtration Technology features three distinct stages, including activated carbon, ion exchange and sub-micron filtration. Together, this unique combination forces water under pressure over more than two million square feet of surface area of contaminant-grabbing filtration material â€” the equivalent of almost 35 football fields. In addition to reducing a comprehensive list of chemicals and contaminants, Claryum'sâ„¢ patent-pending selective filtration technology reduces odour and improves the taste of tap water while also preserving its healthiest minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium for optimum hydration â€” which are vital for growth, development and overall health and wellness.
At the touch of a button, Aquasana AQ-4000 Water Filter System transforms tap water into naturally healthy, great tasting drinking water!
Get the best water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water.Â Aquasana's exclusive dual filter system uses a combination of carbon filtration, ion exchange and sub-micron filtration to produce truly healthy, great tasting water at the convenience of your kitchen tap. The AquasanaÂ reduces over three times more contaminants than leading Jug filter brands.
The patented twin cartridge drinking water filter installs in seconds to standard kitchen faucets and provides up to 30 gallons/138 litres an hour of ultra-filtered high quality water for drinking, cooking and other beverages. Includes filter housingâ€š chrome faucet diverterâ€š twin filter cartridge set (lasts 6 months or 500 gallons/2,300 litres), easy to follow instructions and cartridge re-order forms.
If you would like to install this system for under the counter use, please see our under sink water filters section with various tap finishes available.
AQ-4000B Black Highlights
- Compact design (7"Wx9"Hx4"D)
- Installs in seconds
- AQ-4000 Dual-Filter Drinking Water System includes 2 filter cartridges, chrome faucet adapter & instructions.
- Reduces up to 99% Chlorine, Lead, Mercury, VOC's, THM's, MTBE and 100 other common tap water contaminants!
- Sub-Micron Filtration
- Filters out 99.99% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia (chlorine resistant parasites)
- Leaves in the natural trace minerals
- Improves taste and smell
- Filters last 500 gallons (2,300 litres) or 6 months
- Removes TurbidityÂ
- Better than bottled water quality!
- Made in the US
- Voted Best Buy for water filter by Consumers Digest
- Aquasana is the #1 rated home water filtration system in America
Aquasana drinking water filters cost less and provide better filtration on more than 60 contaminants including; Chlorine, Lead, Organic compounds and Cysts.
Remove pollutants, maintain healthy minerals
The unique twin cartridge, three-stage filtration system uses a combination of carbon filtration, ion exchange, and sub-micron filtration. Your tap water is forced under pressure over filtration material covering more than two million square feet of surface area. So it reduces over three times more contaminants than leading pitcher filter brands.
- Filters sediment and turbidity
- Reduces microscopic particles
- Improves taste
- Greatly reduces any water odour
- Filters Chlorine; the most concentrated and competitive chemical in tap water
- Filters lead and mercury - Ion exchange reduces heavy metals
- Maintains pH levels
- Improves water taste
- Filters synthetic chemicals including; herbicides, pesticides & Industrial solvents
- .5-micron absolute filtration
- Removes cysts
Aquasana Claryumâ„¢ filtration technology
Your water becomes contaminated from a variety of sources throughout the process of collection, treatment and delivery. From groundwater contamination at the source to chemical contamination at the treatment facility to rust and lead contamination as the treated water travels through pipes to your home, the water you drink and bathe in can contain dangerous levels of harmful contamination. This continuing level of contamination makes filtering your water a critical component of maintaining your health. With the AQ-4000 Countertop water filter, Aquasana Claryumâ„¢ filtration technology stands between you and the harmful contamination present in your water supply.
NSF-certified Aquasana Claryumâ„¢ filtration features three-stage technology to reduce pollutants and maintain healthy minerals to balance pH and ensure fresh, spring water flavor.
We reduce over 50 commonly occurring contaminants including:
- Product dimensions: 12" x 7" x 4"
- Product weight: 3 lbs
- Max flow rate: 0.4 gallons/1.85 litres per minute
- Capacity of filter cartridge: 500 gallons/2,300 litres (Item AQ-4035)
- Min operating pressure: 20 psi (pounds per sq. in.)
- Max operating pressure: 80 psi (pounds per sq. in.)
- Min operating temperature: 40 degrees F
- Max operating temperature: 90 degrees F
Aquasana Drinking Water Filter voted "America's Healthiest Water Filter" by Health Magazine!
Additional Replacement filters are available to buy separately (AQ-4035). As standard the unit comes with one set of AQ 4035 filters.
Additional Product Information
- Do I have to pay for a plumber to install the system? â€” Our countertop drinking water filter system is very easy to install, and it only takes a few minutes to do; no plumber is necessary.
- How often do I have to replace the cartridges and how much do they cost? â€” We recommend replacing the cartridges after six months or 500 gallons/2,300 litres, whichever comes first.
- Is this purified water? â€” No, and actually, purified water is not as healthy as filtered water. Purified water undergoes reverse osmosis or distillation, which strip everything out of your water - not only the contaminants, but also the healthy, natural minerals. Our system uses selective filtration designed to reduce contaminants from the water and leave in the natural healthy minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- What does TDS stand for, and what is TDS? â€” Total Dissolved Solids: dissolved minerals and metals. TDS meters tell you the concentration of dissolved minerals and metals in your water, but are not an accurate measurement for contamination. Aquasana products remove harmful TDS, like dissolved lead and iron, but since our selective filtration leaves in calcium, magnesium and potassium, and minerals are dissolved solids, there will still be a measurable amount of TDS in our filtered water.
- What is BPA? And why are people concerned about it? â€” BPA stands for Bisphenol-A, a contaminant found in most plastics. BPA can adversely affect your health if consumed at high levels. Aquasana drinking systems do not contain BPA, and our filtration process reduces existing BPA.
- Does having hard water mean it is contaminated? â€” Hard water is more of a nuisance than a health risk, and is not necessarily contaminated. Most water sources in the UK and Europe are considered hard. Hard water is generally safe to drink, after it has been properly treated.
- What is soft water, and is it safe to drink? â€” Having soft water just means you have a lower concentration of dissolved minerals in the water (primarily calcium and magnesium). Soft water does not mean clean water. Your water can be soft and still contain contaminants.
- What is selective filtration, and how do Aquasana systems filter drinking water? â€” Selective filtration is the process of sub-micron filtration, micron filtration, adsorption and ion exchange, all of which selectively reduces chemicals, heavy particulates and most dangerous heavy metals from the water while maintaining healthy minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- How do I know if an Aquasana system will be compatible with my faucet? â€” The AQ-4000 will fit most standard UK and European faucets (taps) and comes with two adapters. Please check that your faucet/tap has a aerator that can be unscrewed, once unscrewed please check that there are screw treads inside the tap head, if there are this is how the AQ-4000 will connect if you do not have an aerator that can be unscrewed then the AQ-4000 will not connect as standard and you will need to get an adaptor from your local hardware store or perhaps consider our under sink systems.
WE CANNOT SUPPLY AQUASANA PRODUCTS TO CYPRUS, GREECE, KOSOVO, NORWAY OR POLAND. IF YOU WISH TO ORDER FROM ONE OF THESE COUNTRIES, THEN PLEASE VISIT WWW.AQUASANA.COM
* Please note the AQ4000 filtration system will only be compatible with a tap that comes with a removable aerator at the tip of the tap
|Dimensions||17.7 cm (L) x 10.1 cm (W) x 22.8 cm (H)|
|Filter Capacity||450 gallons (1,700 litres)|
|Filter Life||6 Months|
|Flow Rate||0.5 gpm (1.8 lpm)|
|Operating Pressure Range||2 - 6 bar (20 - 80 psi)|
|Operating Temperature Range||32.2Â°C (90Â°F)|
|Domestic Warranty||1 Year|